Proceedings of a conference organized by the Historical Archive of Refugee Hellenism of the Municipality of Kalamaria from 23 to 25 November 2012 on the occasion of the 100th Anniversary of the Liberation of Thessaloniki. The volume includes 42 works by scientists from universities, research centers and associations in Greece and abroad. The speakers were of various disciplines such as historians, social anthropologists, political scientists, economists, lawyers, architects, urban planners, philologists, folklorists, etc. The announcements offered to everyone interested important information about Thessaloniki of the last 100 years and concerned the following sections:
- World War I. Refugees in the 1910s.
- The role of the press.
- Refugees of the interwar period. Settlement – Rehabilitation.
- Refugees of the interwar period. Charity – Social integration.
- Residential structure – Architecture.
- Identity Setting – Memory Management.